Saturday, May 17, 2008

Saturday in May


Meeting Jr. and Troy June for brunch at the Cowgirl Hall of Fame and Russ later on for dinner and a movie. A beautiful day for traipsing around NYC. I have suggested a movie about the conspiracy to keep the blood line of Jesus and Mary Magdalene quiet, followed by dinner at a place in the East Village that mainly serves macaroni and cheese. Heaven!

Saw Juno last night and loved it. People in Canada are so lovely. I think I should be raising my kids in Vancouver. Speaking of the babes, they are with BFI right now. Boy in trouble for not doing his homework again. Terrified the Chrissy inertia/I am a genius and therefore idle gene is rearing it's ugly little head (tail, chromosone?) in Jack. In nice Jack news, he asked for a haircut and we went to a new place. Guy working at the salon gave him an excellent, fairly short cut. Jack loves it so the green wool cap he's been wearing all day, every day for two months is now history. He looks so handsome and grown up. He had a school concert the other night. Dressed in a white dress shirt and a tie, and towering over me by three inches, he looked like a man. I got teary. Then he ran outside without any shoes and tried to ride off on his bike, and was my 12 year old again.

Have to get ready to go. To music. Hurray for tax returns and a new computer.

My young son asks me...

My young son asks me: Must I learn mathematics?
What is the use, I feel like saying. That two pieces
Of bread are more than one's about all you'll end up with.
My young son asks me: Must I learn French?
What is the use, I feel like saying. This State's collapsing.
And if you just rub your belly with your hand and
Groan, you'll be understood with little trouble.
My young son asks me: Must I learn history?
What is the use, I feel like saying. Learn to stick
Your head in the earth, and maybe you'll still survive.

Yes, learn mathematics, I tell him.
Learn your French, learn your history!

Bertolt Brecht

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to brunch. The boy is handsome!!!!! Auntie adores him. Please tell him if he doesn't do his homework he will end up an art handler with low self esteem.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Le Compositeur said...

... or an out of work composer...come to think of it...that's still pretty cool...

9:13 AM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

my last dinner in NYC before I moved was at Cowgirl Hall of Fame. I had frito pah! it was memorable. I was with two friends both named Bobby.

hugs

10:32 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

I waw just discussing Frito pah! We will toast you at Cowgirl FP!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

we are on some strange wavelength. no wonder i found you. you go you fabulous cowgirl you... ;)

11:15 AM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

canada is like the US. without all the guns.

5:03 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

I had pecan pie in your honor at Cowgirl's Hall of Fame, and we toasted you with our dessert forks. Main course was pulled pork sandwich, yum yum!

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home