Saturday, May 10, 2008

My Blog is Two Years Old



Good morning all. Cool,sunny morning and kids still sleeping. Today we are going to see Iron Man with LiaLia and her girls. Robert Downey Jr. Yum. Also going to Sears to order glasses (no more "super magnifier" Stop and Shop glasses for me. Taking kids to get Mothers Day presents as well. Kate wants to be taken to...Stop and Shop. I said "Are you buying me food?" She insists not. Good. If she got me chocolate I could just paste the box to my ass and be done with it.

I have been thinking about re-writes on my Lilith poem this morning. Realize the first half doesn't work cause I wrote it without any personal experience in the back of my head. That's the problem, to make poems work you have to visit places you work very hard to ignore most of the time. Kind of like cutting your wrists and sprinkling blood all over the page instead of watching the Game Show Network. Doctor my eyes...

Little Missy is awake now and Super Smash Brothers Wii playing has begun. Heavy sigh. I'm gonna get more coffee and try to read Jung while Mario and Wario battle it out in the background. Happy Saturday.

Kindness

Kindness glides about my house.
Dame Kindness, she is so nice!
The blue and red jewels of her rings smoke
In the windows, the mirrors
Are filling with smiles.

What is so real as the cry of a child?
A rabbit's cry may be wilder
But it has no soul.
Sugar can cure everything, so Kindness says.
Sugar is a necessary fluid,

Its crystals a little poultice.
O kindness, kindness
Sweetly picking up pieces!
My Japanese silks, desperate butterflies,
May be pinned any minute, anesthetized.

And here you come, with a cup of tea
Wreathed in steam.
The blood jet is poetry,
There is no stopping it.
You hand me two children, two roses.

Sylvia Plath

3 Comments:

Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLOGGER! I love that observation about bringing experience to poetry. cheers.

keep on bloggin,' MJ

11:43 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

Thank you FP! I will blog on.

4:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday bloggy! Rock on Mama, oh yes, and happy mother's day! Please consider going to see Poultry Geist with the bad movie crew next Fri. night, my treat for mama's day.

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home