Saturday, April 12, 2008

Vacation


It is a beautiful morning. Kate and The Boy have gone off with BFI for weekend. The boy is driving me insane...he is too big and restless for this apt. He is also in trouble for cutting up in general music class and not following directions. Now he can drive BFI insane for two days. I AM FREE. Meeting the wonderous LC in NYC tonight for dinner and movie. Going in this morning for an eagerly awaited visit to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Me and Jr. going to the Brooklyn Musuem on Sunday to see a Japanese Anime show recommended by the lovely Jogi in Oregon. Life is good.

Last night dreamt on and off of Binder, actually woke myself up to stop it at one point. Jesus H. Christ. I need a new job. Everyone please send good luck thoughts and prayers to Jr. who is having some difficulty with the Weehawkin house deal. And Jr., think about how we're getting to museum on Sunday as I'm not driving in but taking the train (car still sounds like a dirt bike and has no acceleration.)

Later, gators.

Why I am Not A Painter

I am not a painter, I am a poet.
Why? I think I would rather be
a painter, but I am not. Well,
for instance, Mike Goldberg
is starting a painting. I drop in.
"Sit down and have a drink" be
says. I drink; we drink. I look
up. "You have SARDINES in it."
"Yes, it needed something there."

"Oh." I go and the days go by
and I drop in again. The painting
is going on, and I go, and the days
go by. I drop in. The painting is
finished. "Where's SARDINES?"
All that's left is just
letters, "It was too much," Mike says.

But me? One day I am thinking of
a color: orange. I write a line
about orange. Pretty soon it is a
whole page of words, not lines.
Then another page. There should be
so much more, not of orange, of
words, of how terrible orange is
and life. Days go by. It is even in
prose, I am a real poet. My poem
is finished and I haven't mentioned
orange yet. It's twelve poems, I call
it ORANGES. And one day in a gallery
I see Mike's painting, called SARDINES

Frank O'Hara

27 Comments:

Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

AAAHH. FINALLY! yay for the weekend for you!!

I need a new job too. could NOT come soon enough.
every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end. (yah)

7:57 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

Thank you FP! Currently at Jr.'s and soon we are leaving for Brooklyn Museum. Yesterday was fabulous! Saw a sculpture called "Lilith" by Kiki Smith which reinforced my idea of doing a poem in Lilith's voice as next poem in the series I am working on with LC. Syncronicity! LC and I had a fabulous italian dinner al fresco in Gramercy Park and then saw a cops and guns and car chases boy movie afterward. It was actually pretty good. Then back here to Jr's for the X-files and popcorn before bed. Absorbing discussion this morning with Troy June on the different paintings in the game Masterpiece. I actually slept ALL NIGHT. On a bed. I feel like a different person. Edith Wharton on the train in and now while I am waiting for weezer to get back from her friend Annie's before museum. Weezer is looking at Annie's new art work. Life is phenomenal this weekend!

10:44 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

Oh, LC is contemplating moving to Austin. I think you guys would get along beautifully!

10:45 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

Did I spell Austin wrong? is it Austen?

10:45 AM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

Austin it is!

i warn only of one thing. brutal soul crushingly hot summers and I was born and raised in Houston and oughta be used to it. everything else is beautiful!!!

11:38 AM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

they actually have trailers out for the NEW X files movie. Duchovny has aged dramatically while anderson appears much the same.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

i say "DRAMATICALLY", not really, more like "noticeably"....

4:23 PM  
Blogger Le Compositeur said...

FP, I lived in Austin before and know the heat, soul crushing is right, you said it brother. If it comes about, it would be great to meet up. MJ would have to come for vacation, and anonymous to.

MJ, I had a great time to (as always). Wish we could do it more often. Looking forward to "Lilith".

anonymous, I hope your illness has passed and you are fully back on the trail of Sasquatch! UFO film night coming up (I hope).

9:52 PM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

LC: xlent.

mj: lilith. adams first wife i am assuming? how interesting a subject.

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LC and FP, is it wrong to tell your lawyer she is the f****** devil? MJ and friends appear shocked when I tell them what I called the evil attorney representing us.

7:07 AM  
Blogger Le Compositeur said...

anonymous, The shock no doubt comes from the fact that your most descriptive term is usually reserved for the lawyer of the opposing party, not the one representing you, however, if the pitchfork fits...

8:30 AM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

Anon: it is wrong to "fold, spindle, and mutilate."
calling your lawyer the f****** is fun.

4:07 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

Yes Lilith, made from dust and Adam's equal and banished for the equality...turned into a demon of the air...can't WAIT to write a poem from her point of view!

7:17 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

Jr., calling your lawyer the devil was a little over the top. Boys, please do not encourage her!

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone needs to name their cat Lilith. I might need to adopt a new kitty just for that reason! Sr., you work with lawyers and have first hand experience with their evil shenanigans. Thanks to LC and FP for their support, it WAS fun calling my ex-lawyer the f****** devil, and she deserved it. I fired her today and my new lawyer sent her multiple e-mails calling her by the wrong first name each time, hillarious!!!

8:03 PM  
Blogger Le Compositeur said...

MJ, You're right. Bad karma. Anonymous, seek peace and let the past fade. Best to move on.

12:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LC, can you please adopt a cat and name her Lilith??? MJ and I can accompany you to the shelter!

5:32 AM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

Anon: ex layer= whore of babylon. charo wannabe.

I think if you bury a figurine of st. Joseph upside down (or st. jude. i can ne'er remember the buriable saints.) in your front yard then you will sell your house in nine days, or 2000 miles which ever comes first.)

Who wants PIE?

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANKS pookie! After I bury the saint I will go and have a piece of pie in your honor!

8:40 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

I want pie! Cherry with vanilla ice cream!

7:01 PM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

mmmm cherry PAH, apple PAH, pecan PAH!!!!

iss all good!!!

my dad always put sharp cheddar on his hot apple PAH.

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pookie, I had apple pie at a diner for you today!!! I printed a picture of St. Josepph, rolled it up and stuck it it a pot with dirt in my window. I also said a St. Joseph prayer. If it works I will have TWO pieces of pie in your honor!

7:57 PM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

in honor of st joseph!

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jack Connor Precht! Your auntie is going to box your ears for a full 20 minutes!!!!! Your cousin Loulou has horrible dog biscuit gas, it smells like freshly cut grass and your uncle Troy keeps blaming ME for it. Your auntie adores you and wants you to behave for your mother!

12:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eggs EGGS EGGS EGGS EGGS EGGS EGGS EGGS!

6:18 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

As soon as I can figure out how to erase the boy's comment, it will be gone.

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home