Saturday, May 03, 2008

I Miss XP


Good lord, spent 45 minutes looking for the plug in to Windows Media I had to download in order to make the damn player work. Apparently the Player doesn't work with Vista without the plugin. Once I go find the stupid codec and download it, I can't find it on the damn computer to install it. Not listed on the C drive, not in documents or on the desktop, not anywhere. Finally, in desperation I type Applications in the search bar and it shows up with a list of pictures the kids downloaded...don't get why, but click on it and the installation begins...Now I can listen to Coast to Coast AM. Which I am doing right now. Hurray for paranormal radio shows! I will be cleaning to a show on ghost hunting in North Carolina. Jr., I broke down and got my own account so I don't have to borrow yours.

Kiddies with BFI and I am going to the movies tonight to see the new movie by Helen Hunt, Then She Found Me. It has Colin Firth in it, who I LOVE (Oh Mr. Darcy!) and Helen Hunt directed. And Bette Middler too, who is excellent of course. This freedom is still new enough to feel like Christmas.

There is a man on Coast to Coast talking about how he predicts earthquakes by noting the increase of missing cats in newspaper ads. Cats apparently run away from home several days prior to a quake. Who knew!

I went to my boss's going away party after work last night and drank too many gin and tonics. My brain is still soggy so I am going off to do simple, repetitive work. Happy Saturday!

Frustration

If I had a shiny gun,
I could have a world of fun
Speeding bullets through the brains
Of the folk who give me pains;

Or had I some poison gas,
I could make the moments pass
Bumping off a number of
People whom I do not love.

But I have no lethal weapon-
Thus does Fate our pleasure step on!
So they still are quick and well
Who should be, by rights, in hell.

Dorothy Parker

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad your enjoying your new computer and Art Bell, sorry I forgot to send the password, it is buried on a piece of paper inside my scarey desk. Sr., help, the foster kiddies put me through hell yesterday and their new father had a meltdown and went to a bar, mom came home and was an idiot who enlisted additional neighbors to help so she wouldn't have to do anything, I wanted to slap her. They don't listen...at all. Apparently the only thing they respond to is violence. I have to go back today, need the money, if you don't hear from me I'm probably in jail.

6:32 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

Weezer, Do not go back there anymore! I know you and you are going to end up telling the idiot mother off. Run! The Hecksher is open again, start working there, you can stay here and we can watch psychic shows.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

have fun.

"Onward through the fog"-- oat willie

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, go visit this cool 22 year old kid's blog. He is from India. I found his blog while googling the Cannibal Aghora! His blog address is Troolyunbelievable.blogspot.com!

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey MJ,

It's Jason Cabrera, you're former co-worker. Please get out of that Godforsaken place. You deserve a lot better!!!!!!

Pls let me know what the fall-out was like after my departure. I'm very curious to know.

Anyway, if I didn't already give it to you, my e-mail is jc18907n@gmail.com... Stay in touch!

btw.... Love the blog!

Best wishes,

- Jason Cabrera

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home