Sunday, May 18, 2008

Pie, Eyeballs, Rodeos and Mary Magdalene


My belated Mother's Day brunch with Jr. and Troy June was excellent! Food fantastic as was my pecan pie (pah!) dessert. Jr. and I had margaritas served in little jars. Mine tasted like the punch they used to serve out of garbage cans at dorm parties. Afterwards I dragged everyone to my old apartment on Perry Street so I could forlornly rattle the wrought iron gate to the courtyard and beg "Take me back!" After I got bored with that we walked up to Chelsea and visited a couple of flea markets. Jr. found a hopping bloodshot eyeball for LC which I duly delivered when I met him for dinner. I was instructed to say "plastic eyes" in a weird falsetto voice as this was an EVP we are all familiar with from a mortuary that we heard on the Art Bell show. LC was duly impressed.

Dinner with LC was great, Thai food instead of mac and cheese as mac and cheese place was tiny and packed with people. Pad Thai and thai iced coffee for me and a steamed veggies and rice for LC. LC thinks he is going to move to Philadelphia. I like Philly and as that is not too far away, I approve. Discussed Jr's insane idea to go visit some evil place in Jersey called The Devil Tree. LC will go with her, I will not. I do not want any malevolent spirits attaching themselves to my aura and coming home with me.

The "documentary" Bloodline was interesting but I am not sure it wasn't a hoax. Movie states Jesus did not die on the cross, but 21 days later in France with his wife Mary Magdalene and his kids. If that really was Mary Magadalene's tomb they found in France, I wouldn't want to be those film makers. They ripped open her shroud, said stuff like "This is gruesome" and ripped some of the hair out of her mummified head for DNA analysis. Jr. and I may be in trouble too as she gave me a mug for mother's day that says "Jesus Shaves." You pour hot liquid into it and Jesus, who is holding a pair of shears and a fistful of money, loses his beard and mustache. I am drinking out of it right now. Russ and I tried to make Jesus lose his beard last night but my coffee was not hot enough. This morning, while talking to Jr., Jesus lost his beard. Guess the coffee was hot enough. Can everyone please go see Bloodline so we can discuss? Thank you.

Experienced synchronicity last night! Lc and I were in a coffee shop after the movie. The giant TV screen in the place, directly behind LC's head, was playing a rodeo from San Antonio. LC is from San Antonio and we have often discussed how he always hated it and wanted to live in New York from when he was a kid. All the people behind the counter seemed to be of arabic extraction. Nobody in the place was watching the screen, and for godsakes we were in downtown Manhattan. Very weird.

Well, must face the fact that the apt. has to be cleaned. I will listen to paranormal radio and it won't be too bad (but oh how I long for a maid.) LC has told me about an internet radio station called "Haunted New Jersey" which I will look for. Enjoy your Sunday all.

In Childhood

things don't die or remain damaged
but return: stumps grow back hands,
a head reconnects to a neck,
a whole corpse rises blushing and newly elastic.
Later this vision is not True:
the grandmother remains dead
not hibernating in a wolf's belly.
Or the blue parakeet does not return
from the little grave in the fern garden
though one may wake in the morning
thinking mother's call is the bird.
Or maybe the bird is with grandmother
inside light. Or grandmother was the bird
and is now the dog
gnawing on the chair leg.
Where do the gone things go
when the child is old enough
to walk herself to school,
her playmates already
pumping so high the swing hiccups?

Kimiko Hahn

25 Comments:

Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

Jesus Saves
Moses invests

who wants pah?

9:09 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

Well, looks like Jr. and I will have company in Hades...I want pah, apple pie with vanilla ice cream!

1:48 AM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFAc2WiF2IE

i apologize for constantly lowering the tone of your most excellent blog. I am powerless.

6:58 AM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

cool poem. a little like a japanese horror film.

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Sr., I went and apologized to the Virgin Mary over at the church, so I'm not going to Hades. She told me that Jesus has a sense of humor and not to worry about it, but that you were another story. The Virgin said she hasn't seen you at church in while? Oh yes, and of course FP is exempt from Hades as well, as Jesus is a big fan of pie as well, and he thinks FP is swell. Maybe you should go to church this sunday and apologize for your sacrilegious ways? P.S., your sister loves and prays for you!

6:04 PM  
Blogger Le Compositeur said...

All, What's Hades? Is that Purgatory? Isn't that like the lounge at the airport where you hang out and have a drink while you wait for your flight? I certainly hope they serve ice...

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear God, I hope Hades isn't like an airport lounge! The bordem would make my ghost head explode, not that I'm going there of course. The train station in Cologne, Germany wouldn't be so bad, they have a fabulous shop with delicious PIE!!!! Hello LC, do you like your eyeball? Did Sr. present it with the correct falsetto? Hugs.

6:42 AM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

hades is where the creators of fantasy island and the love boat had to go when they passed. it's the law.

7:50 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

Buddy, You always lend just the right tone to this blog! Thanks fo the Japanese horror tip.

Jr., I think you are making it up about going to church and praying because if you went through the doors of a church you would instantly burst into flames.

LC, Hades equals H E double toothpicks.

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I promise you, I am not fibbing, I did go to church, I did! And by the way Sr., I have a very special relationship with the people upstairs, and am privy to many secrets, you better get yourself to church!!!!

7:25 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

Ooh, end of days Jr.? Do tell!

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Witch! Oh yeah, there is a cool new show coming on in the fall about some woman who gets premonitions and sees the end of the world. I can't remember the name of it, but it looks good, I think it is on Fox 5. I would like to come over for a visit soon to watch psychic shows with you, even if you are a witch and don't believe my stories!!!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Le Compositeur said...

I once saw a movie called the "The Hounds of Hades" (or was it Hell?). Satanic dogs on the loose in a department store I think. I might be getting that confused with another movie where a guy gets locked in a department store all night and the guard dogs chase him up and down the escalators. Sounds like fun to me. I think that was James Brolin in "Trapped" from '73. Either way I feel a film night coming on. Oui?

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

all sinners will perish undah the wrath of god!

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

O.K., that last anonymous comment wasn't me, I think your blog is attracting serial killers! LC, oui oui! Satanic dogs in a department store sounds rad! How about Saturday night??? I'll make a delicious vegetarian dish!

4:00 PM  
Blogger Le Compositeur said...

Mad Dogs Rule! Check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5d_ISQePJ8

I'll write you anon re: Saturday

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jr and I shall be going to heaven. We both have a special relationship with the people upstairs!

7:18 PM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

"l'enfer, c'est les autres"-- J.P Sartre

Translation= Hell is other people.

word. 'cept for y'all, y'all are ok. I am pretty sure sartre didn't know y'all.

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

O.K., who is this other anonymous???? Reveal yourself sir or madame!

6:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am the voice of god and I shall not be questioned!

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, didn't Pat Benatar sing "Hell is for children"?

O.K. Anonymous 2, so you say you are God, what color shirt am I wearing???

6:43 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

God, can you send me 50,000dollars and a car that accelerates?

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am the voice of god and he does not tell me meaningless babble like the color of your shirt. Sinners do not receive fifty thousand dollars MJ.

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm not a sinner, can I get 50k??!!!! Sorry, I think guessing the color of my shirt would in no way be meaningless, it would be totally cool!!! Also, do you look anything like Jesus, or even David Cook from American Idol??!! Send us your picture! Hey, also, can you do cool things like float in the air? If you can, I might be inclined to invite you over for bad movie night.
LC and Buddy, please get in on this, ask God some questions!!!!

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im sorry for my mother. She is a little senial. I doint think she will be leaving any more "voice of god" comments.

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home