Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter


Easter afternoon, ham in the oven with a coca cola glaze and kids home from BFI's in about 30 minutes. Poor Jr. has taken ill so its up to me and the Willnaur's to cook. Hoo boy, will this be interesting. Willie's doing the vegetables and a pasta dish for the boy. I got the ham and made the glaze and bought some lovely loaves of semolina bread and a beautiful braided challah too. Desserts also had to be purchased as poor Weezer will not be bringing any of her homemade delights. Cherry pie and a cake thats says HAPPY EASTER! is what we will be finishing dinner off with this year, compliments of the Stop and Shop bakery. Can't wait for the kids to see their Easter goodies and the house smells like cinnamon and cloves.

A light exists in spring
Not present on the year
At any other period.
When March is scarcely here

A color stands abroad
On solitary hills
That silence cannot overtake,
But human nature feels.

It waits upon the lawn;
It shows the furthest tree
Upon the furthest slope we know;
It almost speaks to me.

Then, as horizons step,
Or noons report away,
Without the formula of sound,
It passes, and we stay:

A quality of loss
Affecting our content,
As trade had suddenly encroached
Upon a sacrament.

Emily Dickinson

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Missed you all yesterday! Troy June subjected me to hours on end of South Park and UFO documentaries. Hope the cola ham came out well and that the children liked their baskets, I think I have fiber myalga(sure I spelled that wrong).....sigh

5:54 AM  
Blogger Le Compositeur said...

anonymous, I hope you feel better. Hold on to those UFO doc.s and I'll bring my stuff for UFO film night. Maybe we should make "Grey" cupcakes and then go outside and throw the pan up and photograph it. In the meantime I'll send you some links you can listen to on-line.

Get well...

2:15 PM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

happy easter!!!!

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

New post please. I am dying from lung disease and could use some entertainment. Right now I am wheezing and coughing and think the dream I had about being told I had lung disease is coming true....sigh.

8:57 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

Don't make me slap you Jr. Get your butt to the doctor and get checked out. If you have bronchitis they'll give you something for it.

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am drinking pomegranate juice, it is a natural anti oxidant, it seems to be helping. I am not going to the doctor. Please put up a new post before I fade away.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

anon: get thee to a dr! they have good juju. help evil spirits leave body.

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Fourth Person. I was actually thinking about making an appointmant with a shaman! My spirit needs a cleansing. I fear nothing can be done about my breathing, it has been a slow decline. Hugs to you. Please visit New York soon.

5:59 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

Arrrggghhhhhhhhhhh...a shaman and not a doctor. Jr., you're killing me. And pomegranite juice does not cure pulmonary disorders! Hello Fourth Person...I am sending a virtual welcome kiss on the cheek!

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy cow! I just googled pomegranate juice and asthma and discovered that studies have shown pomegranate juice dramatically reduced wheezing in children with asthma! I knew it!!! Yesterday I had pomegranate juice with my lunch and noticed that for the rest of the afternoon my wheezing had eased up. I bought a bottle today(expensive), and while I am still wheezing it isn't as bad as it was. I am still however fading away and would enjoy a new post from my big sister before I pass.

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home