Saturday, March 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Violet


Saturday morning, 5:30, and I am craving a charbroiled hamburger. The rain is heavy outside and kids of course are sleeping, exhausted after night of relentless playing of Super Smash Brothers Brawl. God help me it was like being in Chuckie Cheese but with no escape. I estimate another week at least until the novelty of this new game wears off.

Happy news! BFI has agreed to start taking kids overnight again, starting next weekend. Okay, he sounded drunk, but I'm holding him to it. The long night of the Chigger is over. Here is my plan for next weekend: Metropolitan Museum of Art on Saturday. I think I may cry when I get there. There is nowhere on earth I love better than the Met. Stroll through Central Park when...oh crap, just realized next weekend is Easter...plans deflating like air escaping a balloon. I want the kids for Easter weekend, baskets in the morning, egg hunts, etc. BFI can't have them. And I guess the Met's not going anywhere...

Ave Maria

Mothers of America
let your kids go to the movies!
get them out of the house so they won't know what you're up to
it's true that fresh air is good for the body
but what about the soul
that grows in darkness, embossed by silvery images
and when you grow old as grow old you must
they won't hate you
they won't criticize you they won't know

Frank O'Hara

11 Comments:

Blogger Le Compositeur said...

MJ, You're awake, Cool. I'll meet you at the virtual diner of your choice. I could use a garden omelet with fries. I'm (virtually) buying.

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Easter rules! And a big happy birthday to Mama. You know Violet is going to be watching all the Easter festivities from above. I received a telepathic communication from Violet that she prefers a rabbit cake to a lamb cake, but you decide Sr. I am so happy that Chigger Man is giving you a break. If you want to go to MoMA as well I can get you a free pass.

7:39 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

Jr., You know mama wants a chocolate cake from Hummel Hummel Bakery, not in the shape of an animal and not baked by either one of us. And I would love a free pass to MoMA

Le C, Order me a bacon omelet and coffee, I'll be there directly!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

aigs scrambled with pepper sauce please....

3:52 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

eggs and pepper sauce, yum! with really strong coffee.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

weak coffee just p!$$&$ me off.

4:34 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

Me too...Jr., what's your feeling on weak coffee?

6:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How does one define weak coffee?? It is all subjective in my opinion. I do think you need stronger coffee than most people Sr., it helps take the edge off of your holiday bossiness. I think Velmar should drink strong coffee during the holidays as well.

5:57 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

Imagine the holiday chaos without my bossiness...our Christmas tree would have looked like an enormous bird's nest made out of tinsel.

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let go and let God, oh, by the way, can I make a riccotta cake for Easter, or is my creativity going to be completely repressed this Easter holiday??? Jesus loves you even though you are a giant bossy boots.

6:52 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

Jesus wants to slap you upside the head for being such a big baby! Bake away little sister. Please don't wheeze on the cake.

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home