Friday, February 29, 2008

Ramblings at 2:00 A.M.



Every time I hear the song Cisco Kid it makes me think of my friend Joyce.

I think the baby factory is finally closed for business. Brain fog has cleared.

I love the song "Dancing in the Moonlight" (It's such a fine and natural sight!)

Audrey Lickins is the cutest cat on the planet.

What if ghosts are dead people who are avoiding the light because its a a vacuum that going to pull them off the earth into nothingness?

Must not eat chocolate ice cream in freezer.

Cisco Kid

by War

The Cisco Kid was a friend of mine
The Cisco Kid was a friend of mine
He drink whiskey, Poncho drink the wine
He drink whiskey, Poncho drink the wine

We met down on the fort of Rio Grande
We met down on the fort of Rio Grande
Eat the salted peanuts out of can
Eat the salted peanuts out the can

The outlaws had us pinned down at the fort
The outlaws had us pinned down at the fort
Cisco came in blastin', drinkin' port
Cisco came in blastin', drinkin' port

They rode the sunset, horse was made of steel
They rode the sunset, horse was made of steel
Chased a gringo last night through a field
Chased a gringo last night through a field

The Cisco Kid was a friend of mine
The Cisco Kid he was a friend of mine
The Cisco Kid was a friend of mine
The Cisco Kid was a friend of mine

The Cisco Kid was a friend of mine
The Cisco Kid he was a friend of mine
The Cisco Kid was a friend of mine
The Cisco Kid was a friend of mine

The Cisco Kid he was a friend of mine
The Cisco Kid he was a friend of mine
The Cisco Kid he was a friend of mine

7 Comments:

Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

we did have similar nights didn't we. for me green popsicles, my cat and the biography of martin luther were three things i had to have before i could do something stupid and permanent. a good friend made me promise to get those three things and then call. sometimes all one needs is some time and to get one's mind on something else.

i had a therapist in college who realized i was close to that edge and gave me homework to get a certain book between then and the next time i saw him.

so baby making is done? i am on the Testosterone patch because the boys apparently retired LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG before they should have. led to some very nasty side effects.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

ain't aging grand? still i wouldn't trade a day no for any day before. I might like to relive and a couple of choice hours but all in all i am quite happy here. in a relative way.

5:17 PM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

i love that song dancing in the moonlight to. it reminds me of dropping off my balcony and sneaking out at night running around. we ran around like a pack of nightdogs. a little vodka poured into orange crush bottles. we danced too, alot.

7:46 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

Oh FP, I am almost always up in the wee hours, so email me if you need somebody to talk to at an ungodly hour.

The baby factory began shutting down early due to a lot of awful events hitting all at once, I was told by my therapist (two dead parents, divorce, losing the marital home, and then 9/11 where my friend Joyce died). Began in 2001 and I think since then I have moved through peri and am now finishing up regular. Thank god hot flashes and brain fog have eased up. Hormone havoc SUCKED. Working as a writer at a law firm when you can't think straight and can't remember anything is very very BAD. How odd that you're hormones went wack early too!

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say, I think Pugsly is the cutest cat on the planet, with all those spots and all. My brain fog has nothing to do with hormones, was born with it. I was just thinking today about how you were the clear thinking intelligent one in the family growing up and how I thank God for you. If it weren't for you I would probably be living in the YMCA, sleeping in my sneakers and sharing a bottle of booze with some drunk out of a brown paper bag. Your purpose on this planet has always been special, you deserve that chocolate ice cream in the fridge! your sister loves you.

12:55 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

Good morning Jr....and thank you for making your sister cry into her morning coffee. And you, Jr., have always be super intelligent, you just never believed it. I don't think I could have been plunked down in Utrecht and a non-english speaking school and come out speaking fluent Dutch with a fine arts degree. Pretty amazing...and I don't think I could have made it over the last 8 years without you. And Pugsley is fat.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

ok you two are making me cry...

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home