Saturday, February 23, 2008

Everything Comes and Goes, Marked by Lovers and Styles of Clothes



This morning I plugged new speakers into the computer and they didn't work. Sick with wanting to hear music, I plugged speakers into The Boy's discman, and low and behold, Houston we've got music! I am listening to Court and Spark and I am as close to bliss as I get. "All the people at this party, they've got a lot of style, they've stamps of many countries, they've got passport smiles..." God bless Joni. "I told you when I met you, I was crazy...I feel like I'm sleeping, can you wake me?" Kids not here obviously, spending the day with BFI. Imagine how I'll go nuts when they're gone overnight again...scored a haircut appt. with my favorite stylist today, last minute and she can see me...AND I found the exact cut I want on the internet and the very tempermental printer spit it out after about 30 minutes. AND I got an email from the lovely Jogi in New Zealand. This is a red banner day!

Me and the kiddies all felled by a virus....girl child first, then The Boy and finally me, although I seemed to have gotten off easy with only one night of vomity grossness. Just checked time and gotta book to salon. Cut above is what I'm aiming at, followed by 50 pound weight loss.

Just Like This Train

Im always running behind the time
Just like this train
Shaking into town
With the brakes complaining

I used to count lovers like railroad cars
I counted them on my side
Lately I dont count on nothing
I just let things slide

The station masters shuffling cards
Boxcars are banging in the yards
Jealous iovinil make you crazy
If you cant find your goodness
cause you lost your heart

I went looking for a cause
Or a strong cat without claws
Or any reason to resume
And I found this empty seat
In this crowded waiting room
(everybody waiting)
Old man sleeping on his bags
Women with that teased up kind of hair
Kids with the jitters in their legs
And those wide, wide open stares
And the kids got cokes and chocolate bars
Theres a thin man smoking a fat cigar
Jealous lovinli make you crazy
If you cant find your goodness
cause youve lost your heart

What are you going to do now
Youve got no one
To give your love too...

Well Ive got this berth and this roll down blind
Ive got this fold up sink
And these rocks and these cactus going by
And a bottle of german wine to drink
Settle down into the clickety ciack
With the clouds and the stars to read
Dreaming of the pleasure Im going to have
Watching your hairline recede
(my vain darling)
Watching your hair and clouds and stars
Im rocking away in a sleeping car
This jealous lovins bound to make me
Crazy
I cant find my goodness
I lost my heart
Oh sour grapes
Because I lost my heart

Joni Mitchell

6 Comments:

Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

my analyst told me that i was right out of my head.

1:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so beautiful, those lyrics. I love Joni. I'd love to be on a train by myself right now. Sat in Newark station for 20 minutes today feeling blissed out drinking coffee and watching an old man ask people "What's wrong with you mother fucker?". I felt like he was speaking for me as well and wanted to invite him to Weehawken for Easter.

1:52 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

Easter in Weehawken with Cursing PATH guy, me, The Boy, The Girl Child, Russ, and FP too! I demand a lamb cake covered in coconut for dessert!

7:58 AM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

mmmm cake. why did the french bitch so about being told to "eat cake"
i enjoy a nice cake. FP puzzled.

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cake rules! There was a story in the paper not long ago about some poor woman waking up from a coma after years of being in one and asking for cake right away. There was a picture of her in the paper eating the cake, it was falling out of her mouth. Not to long afterwards she fell back into a coma again. So sad, but at least she got the last piece of cake!!!

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Angelajuvs said...

Cake rules! There was a story in the paper not long ago about some poor woman waking up from a coma after years of being in one and asking for cake right away. There was a picture of her in the paper eating the cake, it was falling out of her mouth. Not to long afterwards she fell back into a coma again. So sad, but at least she got the last piece of cake!!!

2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home