Thursday, March 13, 2008

Report from the Inside



Shock and woe at work as passel of new writers begin to realize the horror that is Blunder and Blunder. All were called into a meeting where apparently they were berated and humiliated for their laziness and stupidity. Seems they just didn't deliver acceptable file reviews. And after an entire hour long training session! This came while security cameras were being installed all over the office. Can't have employees stealing paper clips or talking to one another I guess. Newbies looking shell-shocked and miserable now. One poor girl came over to ask me about a tower of file review bins she was supposed to do with tears in her eyes. Kinda like the queen in Rumplestilskin. I predict much jumping of ship as many of these people are kids living with their parents and have a safe harbor from which to find a new job. In more Blunder and Blunder news, news which has the entire office laughing behind their hands, the post office has become aware that the firm has tens of hundreds of post office bins in their possession which are being used to store files and medical records. Each bin has a warning that a 1000 dollar fine and a prison term are possible for anybody who steals the bin. Somebody called up the post office and turned Blunder and Blunder in. Imagine that! We all eagerly await the arrival of a post office swat team to confiscate the bins and take out the brothers Blunder in handcuffs.

Instant Karma

Instant karmas gonna get you
Gonna knock you right on the head
You better get yourself together
Pretty soon youre gonna be dead
What in the world you thinking of
Laughing in the face of love
What on earth you tryin to do
Its up to you, yeah you

Instant karmas gonna get you
Gonna look you right in the face
Better get yourself together darlin
Join the human race
How in the world you gonna see
Laughin at fools like me
Who in the hell dyou think you are
A super star
Well, right you are

Well we all shine on
Like the moon and the stars and the sun
Well we all shine on
Evryone come on

Instant karmas gonna get you
Gonna knock you off your feet
Better recognize your brothers
Evryone you meet
Why in the world are we here
Surely not to live in pain and fear
Why on earth are you there
When youre evrywhere
Come and get your share

Well we all shine on
Like the moon and the stars and the sun
Yeah we all shine on
Come on and on and on on on
Yeah yeah, alright, uh huh, ah

Well we all shine on
Like the moon and the stars and the sun
Yeah we all shine on
On and on and on on and on

Well we all shine on
Like the moon and the stars and the sun
Well we all shine on
Like the moon and the stars and the sun
Well we all shine on
Like the moon and the stars and the sun
Yeah we all shine on
Like the moon and the stars and the sun

John Lennon

9 Comments:

Blogger MJ said...

Instant Karma came on the radio during my drive to work this morning...synchronicity...I am going to start reading Jung

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

O.K., I need glasses. I can see the woman in that illustration clearly, but can't make out Rumplestilskin. Does he have a pig's head in that illustration? I wish karma would come and bite the evil doers over at MoMA on the ass. I am already anticipating another day of "Humiliate the temp" at work. Yesterday Feral Dog Man made me trail behind him with a duster as he vacuumed, and would occasionally look behind at me in disgust because I wasn't dusting fast enough, then at lunch remarked in front of everyone that I was eating my pickle like an ear of corn and that he had never seen such strange behavior before, everyone laughed and laughed. I feel like I should have a dunce cap sewn to my scalp. Maybe we should star a business together Sr. We can hire temps and be nice to them!

6:15 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

Jr., Maybe that's Puss n Boots in the picture. The people you work with SUCK and stop letting them make you feel stupid as you are most decidedly not.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Le Compositeur said...

anonymous, I must say I always love your comments. There is a wonderful and terrifying genius to your free verse. I think you should start your own blog that would contain not only your avant sensibilities and perceptions of the world we share but your take on how you managed to make the best chocolate cake I've had in years.

MJ, I'm heading over to Shelfari now and picking up some Jung, especially his writings on UFOs. Another film night looms I think...

11:29 AM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

blunder and blunder= corporate whores.

6:25 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

LC, UFO film night!! I'm there. Let's have Jr. make us a Lady Baltimore cake to eat with it. I do like a nice Lady Baltimore cake. I am buying Jung today at bookstore. Jung and UFOs, who knew?!

FP, corporate whores indeed. Candidates for particularly painful barbequeing in hell I think, on a spit!

5:24 AM  
Blogger Le Compositeur said...

MJ, Yes, Jung has an interesting opinion on UFOs that you should enjoy, and I'm totally ready for more cake (and UFOs). As always, I have a triple feature in mind already.

As to the corporate whore comments, I only hope it's not too late for them to find the path. 1000 years from now, you and I (and all we love), shall still be dancing under the pagan sky with the fire of truth singing in our hearts, and the firm of B&B shall be no more.

anonymous, Remember that fools sew the seeds of their own destruction when they speak of things they know not of. Eat that pickle any way you want and live in triumph!

6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pickles rule! I love you Russ.

5:58 AM  
Anonymous Gonzalo Miller said...

Find a unit that once set, will stay at this setting, and turn itself back on whether or not the power goes out. Although this is longer than making an espresso on a traditional barista operated espresso machine, this does include the time to grind the coffee direct from the bean into the brewing chamber. Here I will share some simple, easy, and stylish ideas that you can use today to turn you unused fireplace into a decorator's dream. Portable dishwashers use the same type of dishwasher detergent, such as tablets, crystals, or gel, as larger built-in dishwashers. Caring for your dishwasher must undoubtedly be a priority.

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home