Saturday, March 01, 2008

The Sound of Rain



Morning has broken...la la la...Cat Stevens. Boy is back from his school trip upstate and he and the girl child are still fast asleep. It is raining...I know this because I can hear it on the air conditioner. Today is a Chuckie Cheese birthday party day (will the hell that is Chuckie Cheese ever end for me?!!!) and I have to go cash my paycheck so I can give poor Am upstairs the March rent. Kenny lost his job, got another one for the interim, but there are no med benefits and four little girls upstairs. Ack, what a world if we don't weaken, to quote my dearly departed mamma. Oh no, stirrings from the kiddie area, Boy is up and has put on the T.V. and Home Improvement...it burns it burns! Noooooooooooooooo. Sigh. Guess I'll go start my day. Hugs all around.

Spring Snow

Rain of remembering;
late snow turning to rain.
Then in the cold house,
alone in bed,
the soft stutter on the roof,
random phrases; your voice,
only your voice. How can
it be that voice that touched
me everywhere?
And what you said,
if only I could hear it again
in its intensity.
Essence distilled
in the moment of waking,
the delicate mold and odors
of the breaking apart of winter,
in the soft snow that comes
between the past and the chill
distillation, the whisper of air
split between the perfume
of melting crystals; the clasp
and letting go.

Ruth Stone

4 Comments:

Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

Batty: I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
--blade runner

11:48 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

Only love
Can bring the rain
That makes you yearn to the sky.
Only love
Can bring the rain
That falls like tears from on high.


Love Reign O'er me.

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Y'all are depressing the hell out of me! Rain, rain go away, come again some other day. Just had a man on the street tell me Loulou was much older than 3 yrs old. I tried to hold her and tell her she needed to stay with me until I am old but she just wiggled away and barked at her food dish. Sigh.... I think it's time to go on a Target shopping spree.

9:27 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

talk the hell about depressing...Lou Lou will probably live another 20 years Jr.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home