Sunday, February 17, 2008

Everybody Do the Zombie Stomp



Here in Brooklyn with kids. Jr. is at work and Uncle Troy is out running. Going to a poetry meeting in Queens later regarding next year's New Years reading at the Bowery Poetry Club. I have agreed to be the "Mistress of Biographies." This means I hound all the performers for bios before event. Nice to be included in this and looking forward to hanging out with other poets for a few hours. Kids driving me BONKERS. Feeling trapped lately, like I can't get two minutes of free time away from them. Trip to poetry thing today should help. BFI has told kids he "may" keep them overnight next week. As he has no beds for them to sleep on and god knows he won't give up his own, I don't see how they will stay there. But miracles occasionally occur and maybe, just, maybe, I'll have a whole free weekend. I know this makes me a crappy mother, but so be it. I DON'T CARE.

In other, non-complaing news...last night was bad movie night (with Jack glued to my side...oops, sorry) and we saw The Horror of Party Beach. It was funny as hell and there was this band called "The Del-aires which was way groovy! Zombies walked like they were doing the twist and had fish heads for some inexplicable reason. The "blood" looked like smeared grease and the hairdos and outfits were excellent! I would highly recommend this one. A movie from 1982 called "Q" was also on the schedule. That one sucked eggs. Michael Moriarty overacting like crazy as some loser small time crook. It was like two separate bad movies at once; monster movie, bum on the skids movie. Neither was so bad they were good.

Think its time for my meds...

Brasilia

Will they occur,
These people with torso of steel
Winged elbows and eyeholes

Awaiting masses
Of cloud to give them expression,
These super-people! -
And my baby a nail
Driven, driven in.
He shrieks in his grease

Bones nosing for distance.
And I, nearly extinct,
His three teeth cutting

Themselves on my thumb -
And the star,
The old story.

In the lane I meet sheep and wagons,
Red earth, motherly blood.
O You who eat

People like light rays, leave
This one
Mirror safe, unredeemed

By the dove's annihilation,
The glory
The power, the glory.

Sylvia Plath

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like that Michael Moriarty, I am going to do a search on Net Flicks for more of his movies and invite you over. I think I could have been a Del-Airs groupie if I had been a young adult at that time, they were most excellent. As a matter of fact Sr., I think I would like to own that Zombie Beach Party movie, Christmas is a ways off so I will remind you again when it is closer to that time. I worked until 9:30 PM last night and feel like one of those fish zombies from bad movie night! You rock and deserve a free weekend!

5:45 AM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

i just got the bell jar. next on my list after 110 years of solitude.

i loved MM in law and order. he has had a hard life. alcoholism....

i frequently have zombie dreams. i think reading this post prompted one.

book 'em Dano!

10:49 AM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

I write. I can't cook. I've been here before.

that is the best "about me" statement i have ever seen.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Le Compositeur said...

I thought I'd start an account and comment here from time to time. I for one had a great night. I agree with your reviews and Roy we'll leave out until we begin a "Good" film night and consider his 70's work. I've begun my "Last Train to Memphis" and am looking to "The World Without Us". Thank you for the cake "anonymous" - excellent evening and yes, you do deserve a free weekend.

9:14 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

Jr., Bad movie night/Russ' Birthday Bash rocked...you da hostess bomb! I will look into your Xmas gift. You need to get some sleep this weekend by the way...I think you heard that disembodied voice because of exhaustion...auditory hallucination.

FP...I think we were separated at birth. I have "night of the living dead" dreams a lot. I'm either locked in somewhere trying to keep the zombies out or I am outside trying to pass as one of them so as not to get eaten. I usually get these dreams when I am sick, highly stressed, or in a deep deep sleep after a period of no sleep. I had a dream that I was in a shopping mall trying to pass as one of them BEFORE the Romero movie with same theme.

The Bell Jar is one of my favorite books. Let me know what you think. And big hug for the "about me" comment.

Le Compositeur...I'm so glad you're here! Thanks for free weekend vote, and bad movie night would not be the same without your excellent and discerning presence. Thank goodness you were there for Cabin Fever when Jr. and Troy clearly took leave of there senses and bashed a very fine film!

6:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Troy June doesn't know that I bumped his movies on Net Flicks for two movies with Michael Moriarty! They are sitting in the mail box as we speak. One is called Along Came a Spider with Morgan Freeman, I think Michael has a cameo role in it. I thought I might be hallicinating about the voice as well except that when I got off the phone with you I felt the couch cushions move underneath me and Loulou, at which point Loulou started to growl, very freaky, which one of you bad movie night people brought a poltergeist with you!!!

5:56 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

Uh oh...perhaps somebody from the graveyard behind us followed the boy to Brooklyn. Sage Weezer, sage!

6:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sage my ass, I'm leaving the thing with the trapeze artist when we move. That's what she gets for low balling the price of this apartment! It better not follow me or I will be forced to pull out my Shaman tools. Tonight is quiet, so maybe it was just passing through. Weehawken here we come!

6:20 PM  
Blogger Le Compositeur said...

Of Course it could be the Welcoming Committee from Weehawken. Just a thought...

8:02 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

Hee hee hee!

8:43 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

Maybe the ghosties are aware their domain is about to sledghammered.

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home