Saturday, March 28, 2009

Reconnect


Saturday morning and listening to Sarah McLachlan. Downloaded music from Amazon this morning and just listening to Surfacing is bringing me back to myself. Funny how we lose ourselves for weeks or months at a time and then hearing certain music can stop the autopilot madness. "There's no one left to finger, there's no one left to blame..." Kids are with their father obviously or I wouldn't be able to write or listen to anything vaguely mom-like in peace. My life is beginning to seem too small and circumscribed lately. Safe has lost its appeal and I'm tired of the couch and the t.v. and even my job which is no longer so absorbing. The soul will out eventually I guess. God grant me the courage and strength to move on to the next chapter.

Briefly It Enters, and Briefly Speaks

I am the blossom pressed in a book,
found again after two hundred years. . . .

I am the maker, the lover, and the keeper. . . .

When the young girl who starves
sits down to a table
she will sit beside me. . . .

I am food on the prisoner's plate. . . .

I am water rushing to the wellhead,
filling the pitcher until it spills. . . .

I am the patient gardener
of the dry and weedy garden. . . .

I am the stone step,
the latch, and the working hinge. . . .

I am the heart contracted by joy. . .
the longest hair, white
before the rest. . . .

I am there in the basket of fruit
presented to the widow. . . .

I am the musk rose opening
unattended, the fern on the boggy summit. . . .

I am the one whose love
overcomes you, already with you
when you think to call my name. . . .

Jane Kenyon

8 Comments:

Blogger Cartoon Nazi said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:44 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for putting into words the things I can't express myself. You are unique, brilliant and talented beyond belief. Anyone who calls themselves cartoon nazi is living in an insular, self deluded world where his demented thoughts rule over reason, compassion and insight. This is why you enrage him, you expose his world as fraudulent and pathetic.

3:04 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

Thank you Jr.!

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes we feel like everything is too much and we just need to step back and remember what is really important in life and it always comes back to life is lived because of that which inspires us and what we mean to other peoples lives, just as you are important in my life as a sister more in contact with me than my own sister and that is saying a lot because I love my sister with all my heart. Some people are so afraid of life they attack everything around them even single mothers who have all the strength to stay and take care of the kids despite loss of self. Out of all the men incarcerated I have worked with they always talk about the strength of their mothers no matter how tough they are. They also find the weakest of men in prison are the ones that attack women especially single mothers and helpless children. So you have to think about how lonely and afraid someone has to be on line attacking a single mother with kids, to attack someone that has the guts to show up everyday instead of when it they feel like it. Real people do not do what they want to do they do what they have to do that is true strength. You can destroy people so many ways but the worst thing you can do is isolate them and let them be with themselves that is when all reality comes on them and they see their reflection in the mirror and so the reason why vision quests are so potent and isolation in prison is feared .The person isolated alone will attack all that is around them hoping they get some attention just for a moment not to see the reality of being alone so keep walking the walk Mary Jane because some just talk the talk. In the end it does not matter what other people think of us but what we think of ourselves. Letting go of ourselves to help others is the bravest thing any human being can do and you do that selflessly everyday. So thanks for being my sister. Troy

5:37 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

You are the best of brothers Troy June. Thank you.

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Linder Loo said...

what the heck????

You have a lovely and loving family, Mary Jane! I loves ya too!

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Rentzel said...

what the heck???? You have a lovely and loving family, Mary Jane! I loves ya too!

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home