Saturday, January 31, 2009

Winter Treat



Saturday morning and a balmy 24 degrees. The driveway is a sheet of ice and it feels like spring will never come. Well, I did have a moment of hope leaving work the other night with the last vestiges of sunset over the parking lot. It is no longer pitch black at 5:30 pm. Today I am taking the girl and her best buddy Kendall to the movies to see Inkheart, which is little Missy's favorite book. Reviews for movie are abysmal however. Sigh. Perhaps watching Brendan Fraser, who I think is very cute, will make movie bearable.

Went to high school registration with the boy this week. Was feeling very sentimental about my baby growing up until yesterday morning when he told me to shut up. Boy punished for weekend, no computer for him. Dreaming of when he is all grown up now.

I am going to call LC this morning as I miss him and he is not calling me or Jr. and we are getting ready to go up to Kingston and kidnap him for bad movie night. LC, this blog needs you! And FP too.

It can’t be summer,—that got through;
It ’s early yet for spring;
There ’s that long town of white to cross
Before the blackbirds sing.

It can’t be dying,—it ’s too rouge,—
The dead shall go in white.
So sunset shuts my question down
With clasps of chrysolite.

Emily Dickinson

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmmm....Brendan Fraser. Boy have times changed, he no longer looks like that, he kind of looks like a frazzled working dad now...sigh. Yes, I am in need of some LC communication, I will try and call him later. The boy is very naughty but his auntie still loves him to pieces and wishes he was sitting next to me so she could pinch his 13 year old cheeks!!!

2:59 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

No sadly, Brendan Fraser has aged along with us. The movie however, was actually excellent and now I want to read the book. Whoever wrote Inkheart had an immense love of books.

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum, nice picture, Mary Jane, thanks! Having your kids grow up is sort of melancholy. Wait until Jack gets his learners' permit! Hah!

Jr it's so lovely to see you here! I'm so looking forward to mint juleps with Mary Beth at your house. How is your remodeling coming along? How are your ghosts?

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Linderloo! The remodeling has been halted due to my ongoing bronchitis. The ghosts have been quiet, probably because I haven't been tearing their house apart! I am really looking forward to mint juleps with you and MJ in my chocolate garden. Has MJ told you of my plans to plant black and chocolate colored flowers and plants in the garden? She has not been supportive of this idea, but I think you might like it Linderloo!

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh My. I am glad I dropped by. Yumm on Brendan.

HI MJ!!!!!

6:34 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

Hello FP! Glad you are back. I knew you'd appreciate Brendan.

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why yes, he stood like a beacon of shining white light...leading me helplessly thru the dark matter of cyberspace back to the me and sylvia. funny that!It was practically a subatomic attraction.

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home