Sunday, January 18, 2009

Back Again


I have been away from this blog for too long, I need to write and I have been refusing to allow myself, some kind of weird self-denial. I have joined my friend Stefanie's writing workshop, writingyoga.blogspot.com, and it is helping. Listening to Sarah McLachlan right now and will go for a walk in the snow in a little while. One of today's exercises from the workshop was to write down your goals and bury them. I buried mine with a sprig of evergreen, and used a spoon to dig dirt outside the cat door to make a hole...the ground is hard with ice and covered in snow, but the area outside the cat door is protected by the overhang and porch and so diggable! I'm sure the powers that be were laughing at me, one pajamed arm out the cat door, digging with a teaspoon for spiritual development.

I am going to read some poetry now (some Haiku, some Jane Kenyon, not sure what else), and eat some yogurt. America, turn off your TV, and read a poem!

The crow has flown away:
swaying in the evening sun,
a leafless tree.

Natsume Soseki


The first soft snow!
Enough to bend the leaves
Of the jonquil low.

Basho


The moon over the roof,
worms in the garden.
I rent this house.

Allen Ginsberg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home