Sunday, February 08, 2009

Sunday and the Deep Freeze is Over



The computer gave up the ghost last Sunday and so I have dug out the old Dell and am back online, after a fashion. This computer was purchased in 1999, so you can imagine how SLOW it is. But it is better than nothing, and I managed to do my taxes on it today. Bonus, music I had downloaded on it is again accessible. Listening to Train right now, which is bringing back a lot of memories from approximately 2001 to 2005. Well, kids are back so now football is on, so much for memory lane.

Went out with work colleagues on Friday night, which was fun and I stayed out until 11:00, late for this old lady. Saw Steve, my old fascist work buddy that I adore despite his twisted thinking. And Rod, another former Binder-ite, who is now teaching English to public school kids in Bellrose. How cool for those kids to be studying Romeo and Juliet with a teacher with an English accent. Took me until Saturday afternoon to recouperate. Used a computer at the library to complete the intro for a book I am writing for a friend's publishing company. I have been sworn to secrecy regarding project, so no details, but boy does it feel good to be writing.

BFI has a cell phone and told kids not to tell me. Then BFI, being the genius that he is, called my house from phone. Star 69'd, and now I have his number for when he doesn't show up, etc. Kids, don't procreate with an alcoholic loser!

I am now on Facebook, although I am not really sure how to use it. People are leaving messages on my wall, some of whom I don't know. I will figure it out.

Just served Tofurkey and it is horrible! Beige colored foam rubber stuffed with rice. Maybe it was because I bought the Vegan kind by mistake. It SMELLS like turkey. Tastes like turkey droppings (or what I imagine turkey droppings would taste like.) I am going to have yogurt for dinner. The boy does not seem to mind the tofurkey.

Eletelephony

Once there was an elephant,
Who tried to use the telephant--
No! no! I mean an elephone
Who tried to use the telephone--
(Dear me! I am not certain quite
That even now I've got it right.)

Howe'er it was, he got his trunk
Entangled in the telephunk;
The more he tried to get it free,
The louder buzzed the telephee--
I fear I'd better drop the song
Of elephop and telephong!)

Laura E. Richards

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once in the 80's, I went to Dunkin Donuts with friends after drinking and one of them asked the lady behind the counter for a Powdered Belly and Scoda to go(she meant powdered jelly and soda), she was a little drunk.
I told you Tofurky was disgusting!!! Why not eat foam rubber instead, it probably tastes better. I think we should go to a pay phone and make crank calls to BFI.

6:03 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

Tofurkey SUCKS. We'll have to crank call BFI before they shut off the phone and/or he drops it into the harbor again.

6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, that tofurkey just doesn't scream "yummy" to me. though i am all for tofu done right and even the whole vegan thing, even though I am not onve currently.

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uck, tofu turkey LOOKS yucky. Like a big beige blob! Amazed young Jack liked it, although how could he admit otherwise???

Jr. your chocolate garden sounds so interesting. I'm not sure I ever saw brown flowers that were not already dead. Do you mean bronze colored ones? I've seen bronzey sun flowers and roses, and some daisies are sort of brown. A chocolate garden sounds pretty cool, and I bet the ghosts will like it too!

5:42 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

Linder Loo, do not encourage Jr. and her poopy garden. We will be drinking mint juleps surrounded by flies!

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My "poopy" garden will not be poopy at all, it will be tres chic! I will be planting Chocolate Delphinium, Black Somniferous Poppies and Heuchera Silver Lode. I will also be planting black heirloom tomatoes. Any other ideas for black flowers or plants would be greatly appreciated. We will be drinking mint juleps in an exotic respite from the outside world, and there will not be any flies!

12:01 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

Mmm,mmm, black tomatoes. I know MY mouth is watering!

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, o.k witch, when I slow roast them in the oven and finish them off in a lovely bruschetta, I guess Linderloo and I will be eating them alone. None for you, you can sit and watch us savor every last bit of those lovely black heirloom tomatoes.

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home