Saturday, August 18, 2007

One Hand

This entry is being typed with one hand and will be short. Thursday night Jack accidently slammed his bedroom door on my left middle finger. Piece of finger flew off with nail. Trip to hospital via ambulance ensued. Overnight stay and operation in morning to reconstruct finger. End too mashed to put back on. Pain. Meds that don't do much for pain. This sucks! Weezer Jr. and Porters angels. LiaLia too. Thought Mrs. Porter was going to faint when I took my maimed self across street, freaked kiddies entow. Kudos to Jack for finding finger and putting in frozen waffle box. Hand now wrapped like mummy. Wonder if the compassionate Social Security Experts at Binder and Binder are going to fire me. Can't type fast of course. Jesus this hurts like a bitch. Maybe I should have been more reverant toward The Infant of Prague. I DO think his velvet cape is slammin'! Jesus, did you catch that? Saw shadowy figure of man in button up shirt and chinos in the hosp. twice, in corner of my eye. Then he disappeared. Course, could have been the morphine. Or person who died in my hosp. room. Or Jesus in his casual best! Ow ow ow ow...

5 Comments:

Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

OH MY LORD! i am so sorry!!! OW. bless your heart and hope you heal quickly. major healing cyberhugs and prayers....

4:22 PM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

“We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.”
Kenji Miyazawa

"never turn down morphine, it's rude"
the fourth person

4:28 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

Thank you Fourth Person! Had major bandages, that were squeezing my poor hand unbearably, removed today. Now just the one finger is bandaged and out of commission. God bless pain meds. Call me Mother Morphine!

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please wear a thimble on your maimed finger when you type, that suggestion was sent to me via our dead mother in a dream.

8:12 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

Nice Jr...just been to Dr. and looked at finger w/ out bandages and low and behold, I am a genuine freak. All I need is a thimble to complete the effect. Oh well, I really didn't want to date again anyway. Poor, poor pitiful me!

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home