Sunday, July 22, 2007

The More Things Change...



Good morning. It is Sunday, kids are sleeping...Jack from strong anti-decongestant and antibotics from doc and Kate cause she stayed up all hours last night. Her internal clock seems to be stay up all night, sleep all morning. This of course is going to have to not be indulged come next month, in preparation for school hours. I think little mama is destined to be an artist (or a vampire.)

I have cut off all my hair ala Audrey Hepburn and I LOVE it. I feel lighter and prettier and just very pleased with myself. The poor girl at the salon was nervous and I had to assure her that I had had short hair before. Kids are very pissed off but they will get over it. Mommy is always supposed to look the same. Mommy talked with the pharmacist yesterday about weight loss meds, and soon I will be thin and gorgeous! No more looking the same for me.

There is a new Pakastani horror movie called "Hell's Ground" that I am dying to see. My sister found it and boy does it look great! Zombie's galore, including one in a burqua! Its only been playing at film festivals so far but if it makes it into a theater (probably in NYC) I will be there, with the Bad Movie Night club in tow.

Yesterday I went for a walk through the cemetary up the street. Growing up, I spent a lot of time playing in there with other kids from the neighborhood. Remembered while I was walking through the calm feeling in the place, a good feeling. Nothing scary at all. I think death really does mean rest. Yesterday Mrs. Porter told me that the day the kids and I moved back into the neighborhood, the tree next to her back door was full of birds singing. Things are not perfect here but they are a million light years better. We are home.

Look back on time with kindly eyes,
He doubtless did his best;
How softly sinks his trembling sun
In human nature’s west!

Emily Dickinson

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw two children running along side me and Phil Jr. once when we were little and playing in the cemetary. They looked liked the children from the Candyland game. They were obviously ghosts.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

aw that's sweet. about the birds and stuff. i have been on break and i desperately need a haircut.

7:32 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

In saw a vampire in that cemetary once when I was about 10. It was a girl in a cape with fangs just standing on the hill. I told myself it had to be somebody dressed up and made myself walk past her. She didn't move. That was 1970; she was probably on psychadelics!

6:41 PM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

when we were little kids we'd hold our breaths whenever we walked or were driven past a graveyard.

i guess we were afraid that spirits would enter through our mouths and noses. never saw a vampire though.
a vampire on psychadelics, how fabulous.

11:33 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

Once I dreamt an evil thing in an executioner's hood tried to get inside me through my mouth. Actually I'm not sure it was a dream. You were smart to hold your breath FP! Weezer, did Phil Jr. see the Candyland Kids too?

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home