Sunday, July 29, 2007

Mundane Sunday



"Biscane Bay, where the Cuban gentlemen sleep all day..." For some bizzare reason I cannot get that line out of my head. I love Steely Dan, and the song "Dr. Wu," but why that particular line is beyond me. Maybe Biscane Bay, or Cuban gentlemen, are in my future.

Leaving for Oregon on Thursday...very excited. Excited also by my one hour layover in Las Vegas where I will play slots in the airport so I can say I gambled in Vegas. I have been told there are slot machines in the Ladies Room. On the way home my layover is in Kansas City. Can't think why that will be interesting. Missouri, what's notable about Missouri?

Today I have to figure out how to get the new tire I bought, to replace flat, onto my car. Well, I have to find an open place on a Sunday to put it on. See, yesterday I thought "I'll get a ride to Sears, get a tire, and when Kenny comes home he can put it on for me." Kenny is a mechanic and is my landlord. Lia Lia took me to Sears. I got a tire, and waited for Kenny to get home. Well apparently you need a machine to put a new tire on a car. I thought it was like changing a flat but as my actual knowledge of cars does not extend past driving them, I was wrong. SO, no spare to get me to a place AND today is Sunday so this will be quite a project.

Dr. Wu

Katy tried
I was halfway crucified
I was on the other side
Of no tomorrow
You walked in
And my life began again
Just when I'd spent the last piaster
I could borrow
All night long
We would sing that stupid song
And every word we sang
I knew was true
Are you with me Doctor Wu
Are you really just a shadow
Of the man that I once knew
Are you crazy are you high
Or just an ordinary guy
Have you done all you can do
Are you with me Doctor

Don't seem right
I've been strung out here all night
I've been waiting for the taste
You said you'd bring to me
Biscayne Bay
Where the Cuban gentlemen sleep all day
I went searching for the song
You used to sing to me
Katy lies
You could see it in her eyes
But imagine my surprise
When I saw you

Are you with me Doctor Wu
Are you really just a shadow
Of the man that I once knew
She is lovely yes she's sly
And you're an ordinary guy
Has she finally got to you
Can you hear me Doctor

5 Comments:

Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

Hey Nineteen! I do love me some Steely Dan. Artistes brillants!

12:41 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

Any major dude with tell you that!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

clamouring for an update

7:41 AM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

and singing, "me and sylvia down by the schoolyard."

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel a poem coming on.....

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home