Sunday, June 10, 2007

Bowl of Cherries

Went to see Joyce's mom Alice yesterday. Amazing transformation. Alice has become a thinker, reflective and a reader. This is not the woman I knew prior to Joyce's death. She and Jack talked and talked about history and God and what happens to the energy that makes up a human being after the body dies. I was floored, not only about Alice changing, but in the knowledge my son had I didn't know he possessed. He was discussing historical figures and events I had never heard of. He was debating and explaining how he thought about things and I thought I was listening to an adult. Of course earlier in the pool he was spitting water at his sister through a foam tube and making her scream so there it is again, he is still a child, just a really smart one.

Lady still does not have a new home. Once again, anybody who wants her or knows someone who wants her, please give me a call or email me. I'll drive her to Texas (hint, hint) even! On happy move news, have delivered the paint to the new apt. and Jr. has agreed to paint a border of cherries in my new kitchen. Alice has agreed to let me take a painting of Joyce's I have wanted since her death. I will put it in the livingroom. My new livingroom will be Bermuda Blue! I have new dishes with cherry borders that make me happy whenever I look at them. I am so happy also that we will be back in our old neighborhood. It is green with woods and trees and every house is unique and just walking around the block makes me feel good. From the first time I saw the neighborhood as a five year old child, I loved it. And we will be surrounded by old friends and neighbors. Sense of community, sense of love, sense of peace. Just get a sensation of being able to breathe again; a sleeping through the night.

Sleeping under the trees on Yoshino mountain
The spring breeze wearing Cherry blossom petals

Saigyo

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

New blog entry please, jr.'s getting impatient.

6:32 AM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

What Power art thou,
Who from below,
Hast made me rise,
Unwillingly and slow,
From beds of everlasting snow!

See'st thou not how stiff,
And wondrous old,
Far unfit to bear the bitter cold.
The Cold Song:

I can scarcely move,
Or draw my breath,
I can scarcely move,
Or draw my breath.

Let me, let me,
Let me, let me,
Freeze again...
Let me, let me,
Freeze again to death!

1:24 PM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

my cat would bully up on anything smaller than a college freshman so i cant take any new roomis...

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MJ's dog just happens to be larger than a college freshman! You were destined to be with Lady, Fourth Person. Wasn't Lady Bird Johnson from Texas? Mj's dog is a bird dog! I will personally accompany MJ to Texas with Lady if you decide to give in to your destiny!

5:37 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

Alright, I posted! Hello Fourth Person, you do not have to take my dog. I have risen from the bed of everlasting packing. Moving sucks! When do you go to your new place? Jr., I am going to pinch you.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

well, i have the key to my new apt. i just have to find the hustle to get all my stuff in by Friday. mr kitty will love his new WINDOW on the world. Lady wouldn't be happy. its a small apt and I work really long hours. Kitty screams at me as it is when i leave him alone too long. dogs have owners, cats have staff...

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home