Sunday, November 16, 2008

Night Walk and Cinnamon



Dreamt of Joyce last night. She was back for a limited stay and had some messages for me. LC, please email me pronto!

Last night it must have been in the 60s, with a strong, warm wind. Went for a walk around the block and it was kind of wild and lovely. The weeping willow in front of the Meade's house was tossing and I could reach up and brush the fronds with my finger tips. Nostalgia mixed with tumult. Tried to choose which house on the block I would purchase and move the kids into when I won the Lotto Turkey Raffle New York is holding this year. Jr. and I are going in halves on the ticket which is ten bucks.

This morning I am having a Yo Plait Light Raspberry Cheesecake yogurt. Unfortunately, there is nothing even vaguely cheesecakey about it. Lying Yo Plait bastards! Last night was shop for the week night and I purchased a Glade Apple Cinnamon Candle. Was hesitant to buy even a little luxury item at this time of year (September through December requires mucho cash due to school starting, Halloween, birthdays and holidays.) This candle placed in my newly cleaned kitchen made me extremely happy! Read an essay by Frank O'Hara on poetry writing, at the kitchen table, with the scent of apple pie in the air and was transformed! Sometimes a little luxury is a very reasonable thing.

Took Kiddies for blood tests yesterday as part of their yearly check-ups. Jack had terrorized Kate by telling her that the needle is gigantic and scraps the bone. Poor Moo Moo Kitty was shaking like a leaf but got through it bravely (I helped by singing the
Mockingbird song, which I don't know most of the words to, in my "beautiful" singing voice.) IHOP afterwards where I had bananna pancakes which were sublime. Jack kept getting mysterious text messages throughout the meal, which were probably from Ashley. I almost fell over when I got the bill. Kate's glass of milk cost almost three dollars. No more eating out for us until after Christmas!

The wind coming in around the cat door is cold so the temperature must have dropped last night. Time for some more warm coffee and to put on a sweater. Last night I was instructed in a dream to move to California. I would miss the fall too much. What's in California anyway?

Autobiographia Literaria

When I was a child
I played by myself in a
corner of the schoolyard
all alone.

I hated dolls and I
hated games, animals were
not friendly and birds
flew away.

If anyone was looking
for me I hid behind a
tree and cried out "I am
an orphan."

And here I am, the
center of all beauty!
writing these poems!
Imagine!


Frank O'Hara

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, IMAGINE!

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gracias ma cherie

11:12 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

Jack just told me if you eat a Shamwow it will suck all the moisture out ouf your body and you turn in to sand. "IT'S TRUE MOM!"

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Cow ! What a great way to commit suicide, death by Shamwow! I would also really appreciate an update from LC. I am considering hiring a private detective to hunt him down. Sr., it is sooooo cold today. I finished the landscaping in the backyard and was feeling really proud until Troy remarked that the brick borders I made look like a tree drawing and that the neighbors would make fun of us. Why can't I do anything like a normal adult? Anyway, the borders stay the way they are. I am looking forward to sleeping over next week, maybe we can have a seance!

4:17 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

We are not having a seance at my house! We can have one at YOUR house though, calling the guy with the boots who stomps past your bathroom. I am sure your garden is lovely Jr., Troy June is just being obnoxious. I am glad you are sleeping over! Maybe Phenomanthon will be on Sci-Fi again this year. Hurray for Thanksgiving dinner followed by paranormal TV!

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes I am having a seance at your house, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! If Russ were here, he would have a seance with me, I want to speak to Mama!

7:29 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

Your birthday will be over by Thanksgiving and you are not calling dead people into my house (or encouraging them as I suspect they are already here.)

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, HELLOOOO, my birthday is the day AFTER Thanksgiving, thanks for caring enough to remeber....sigh.

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home