Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Vroom Vroom



Today I am free! Endless traffic court is finally over and my lawyer, god love him, got everything dismissed this morning. Life is good. Today is Joyce's birthday which I took as a good sign for a court appearance. I bought roses after court and left them for her as I suspected a little celestial help this morning. Planning driving trips in my head, to Amherst to Emily Dickinson's house, or maybe the Berkshires and Edith Wharton's mansion in Lenox. Nothing is more beautiful than the Berkshires in October.


AUTUMN

The morns are meeker than they were,
The nuts are getting brown;
The berry's cheek is plumper,
The rose is out of town.

The maple wears a gayer scarf,
The field a scarlet gown.
Lest I should be old-fashioned,
I'll put a trinket on.

Emily Dickinson

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo, MJ, congratulations! Whew, I was worried about that insurance thingy! Now you're free, sort of! While you're up driving in the Berkshires, you can look for subjects for your new book series that Jr suggested -- that is a wonderful idea! You can insert snipets of your poems at the beginning of each chapter, like some authors insert quotes from other authors.
P.S. How come Jr is so charming about your cat Audrey and you are so mean to poor LuLu????

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sr. is so mean about LuLu, Linderloo, because she has inherited the evil elf gene from our dearly departed mother. She also throws wadded up paper at me, and orders me to make her coffee when she sleeps over!

6:01 AM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

congrats and hugs, mj.

7:15 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

Thank you Linder Loo, I am counting myself EXTREMELY lucky. I don't want to write children's books Linder, as writing is an ESCAPE from children for me. I think Jr. should paint her stupid beagle who I don't like because she is spoiled and growls when you try to move her off the furniture to sit down. Nothing to do with the evil elf gene. Nothing. Hello Buddy! Thank you for your support. If you were my brother I would never throw wadded up paper at you!

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello.... sigh... I've been putting up with this kind of abuse for years, that is why I am in therapy Linderloo. When I was a child, Sr. used to sit on me until I couldn't breath anymore, she also told me I was adopted..... sigh. LuLu growls when she isn't lucid and in a dream state, this is a common dog trait, harkens back to when they weren't domestic and had to be able to protect themselves at a moments notice, Sr. doesn't understand dogs.

9:12 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

LuLu is not in a dream state when she growls. She looked me right in the eye when I tried to move her off the couch. And Jr., you were adopted out of that gypsy caravan, just like I told you.

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way Linderloo, the last time Sr. slept over she was actually being affectionate with Lulu. Lulu kept snuggling up to her and Sr. would pat her and squish her ears. I think Sr. is warming up to the cuteness that is Lulu against her will!

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home