Saturday, May 26, 2007

Saturday Like Summer



Note to self, do not do poetry readings on Memorial Day Weekend as nobody will show up. The lovely woman who runs the Poets in Port series is going to reschedule for me. I did read to two adults and one little girl who was visiting from the Chinese restaurant her parents owned next door to coffee house. She was adoreable and composed songs on the piano which she would then name. "That one was called Finger." Some alcoholic dude babbled at me about I'm not sure what before reading. He is one of the large group of townie drunks Northport boasts. I said "I bet you know my ex-husband" and what a surprise, he did! He had to go (damn!) before. reading.

I would like to address now Jr's haircut. Jr. is having issues about her new do and thinks she looks like a midwestern housewife. Here it is in black and white Jr., you're haircut is tres adoreable. Not weird and not frumpy. And as for your husband's contention that your haircut makes you look like Alice the cat; that is just silly. It makes no sense. Alice the cat is covered in fur. She doesn't have a hairstyle. Perhaps he meant you looked like you were WEARING Alice the cat on your head. That is not the case either, so cheer up about your hair!

Lordy it is hot as hell. Going to put the dog in Jack's room with A/C we bought last year and which will only cool that room with door closed. Then kids and I are going to escape to movies and then Lia's to feed her dog and luxuriate in her working central air. Realtors coming at three and god knows I don't want to be here for that. Perhaps Lady will attack them.

My hair is bold like the chestnut burr;
and my eyes, like the sherry in the glass that the guest leaves.

Emily
Dickinson

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoever dressed this cat up like a CLOWN should be arrested ( O.K. it did make me laugh )! Thank you for your kind words regarding my hair, it has been a source of great concern, my looking like I'm not from N.Y., so thank you.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

Your hair is winter fire,
January embers
My heart burns there, too

--stepehn king

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home