Sunday, March 25, 2007

Today I Want Purple and White Statis on the Mantle

A beautiful Sunday morning and kids have actually spent all weekend at their father's as his parents are up and can watch them as he cuts slabs of meat at Stop and Shop. Yesterday I cleaned the computer room and gave Lady a bath and hair cut before going to visit my friend Velmar for her birthday. Today so far I have saged the house, talked to my sister, taken out the garbage, walked the dog, put in laundry and had a free online tarot reading. Oh, and IMd LiaLia. And it is only 10:40! Feeling rejuvenated and happy with a whole weekend to myself.

On Thursday night, broke as usual, I asked the universe for some help. On Friday at work I got a check for three decision reversals. Just 60 bucks, but enough to get us through till end of week. When we write an argument against a judge's decision to not give social security benefits to someone and the adjudication council grants a new hearing, we get an incentive payment. It's only 20 bucks for a remand, but I got three last month and so the Tenerelli-Precht family survives another week. And the crowd goes wild!

We have some new writers on staff. One guy got sat between Tasha and I. He's a weird dude but nice. Outside at lunch he told me he likes to blow things up in the desert. I thought "Of course you do, and that's why you sit next to me." I am a bizzaro magnet.

I am listening to classical music and heating a blueberry toaster strudel. Later I am going for a walk with Lia. Life is good. Breathe in , breathe out, one thing at a time.

Little Match Box

by
Tess Gallagher

And if there were two moons,

who would sleep when one
passed before the other
and took it in
on its dark side? Wouldn't
some extra light ray out
around the sustaining one?
Wouldn't you sense
the two in one, even if you'd
never seen them parted?
Sometimes a glory

is just that—a guessing-into the seen, noticing the fringe of presence
when it comes, trying to match
its fervency by something
as tangible, something only you are equal to.

7 Comments:

Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

today is enough for today. hugs!

12:37 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

Hugs back atchata! Where are you moving to?

12:43 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

that would be "atcha"

12:44 PM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

i have to move to a new place within the city. my apartments have been sold and I think they are tearing down the whole block. First the synagogue came down then and there are two apartment complexes between me and it. I am guessing they are bringing the whole block down for some bigger and better thang? anyway I have to be out by August 31st. Am considering "buying" for the first time in my life. just praying alot.

"atchata" why not!?

3:47 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

Congratulations...you will find a great place and all will be well. I don't know what to call you now that you are no longer the fourth person. What does your new cyber name mean? It's probably something obvious I am just not getting.

10:29 PM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

oh you can still call me fourth person. no IfII716, is obscure. it was my computer user account designation in college in the mid to late nineties. in a uni so big we were all just numbers. at graduation i recognized two people from the entire faculty and staff an students. a guy that i lived in the same house with who was graduating the same semester and a girls who was in an english class my last semester. there was a stage FULL of faculty and a sea of graduates. I was clueless as to who anyone was. the number seemed appropriate and as anonymous as the fourth person. i might go back to that when i get bored of this one.

8:51 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

Fourth Person it is! I fail to see how you could be anonymous anywhere; even in cyberspace you are a blaze of light.

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home