Monday, January 15, 2007

Revelations

Martin Luther King day and we are all at home. Feeling sick about the love affair that went down in flames less than a year ago. Note to self: do not read old IM's and emails from man you almost married. Especially on gray January mornings. Another note to self: do not initiate IM's with man you almost married EVEN if you shared "I will always love you" and "We Will stay in touch" vows 8 weeks earlier. You will show up in his blog as "suprising" him with an IM, as if you were Glenn Close waiting to leave a dead bunny on his stove. Final note to self, do not EVER go back to blog of new cyber love of man you almost married as you find new woman refers to herself as "Asian Love Goddess" refers to man you almost married as "Yummy" and eats lunch at Hooters. You will also find out that man you almost married is using same astrology chart wooing technique on new cyber chick. You will find that there may not have been anything extraordinary about what you had after all. This will hurt like hell. And make you feel like an ass.

Equinox

by Joy Harjo


I must keep from breaking into the story by force
for if I do I will find myself with a war club in my hand
and the smoke of grief staggering toward the sun,
your nation dead beside you.

I keep walking away though it has been an eternity
and from each drop of blood
springs up sons and daughters, trees,
a mountain of sorrows, of songs.

I tell you this from the dusk of a small city in the north
not far from the birthplace of cars and industry.
Geese are returning to mate and crocuses have
broken through the frozen earth.

Soon they will come for me and I will make my stand
before the jury of destiny. Yes, I will answer in the clatter
of the new world, I have broken my addiction to war
and desire. Yes, I will reply, I have buried the dead

and made songs of the blood, the marrow.

12 Comments:

Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

men, can't live with them. can't cut em up and make a hearty stew.

1:04 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

I'm really beginning to believe the only good man is a gay man...which is why you rock! Big hug.

5:48 AM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

Rule #56: do NOT take 23 years to realize he may have been the love of your life but you were most definitely barely a blip on his radar. (i learned that one the hard way).

love makes one stupid if one isn't already. (again, personal experience)

i love that stew quote by the way. i may steal it back.

6:10 PM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

also gay guys are as screwed up or not, as decent or as messed up as any.

6:38 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

Steal away FP...yes love makes people stupid, and this blip barely escaped packing her kids up and living in another country to hardly show up on radar. AND my experience with gay guys is they generally, genuinely like women.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

oh i LOVE women! truly my best friends are women.I'd even say my soul mate is a woman. i can think of only one male buddy friend i have but never see. but as far as "getting me" or me "getting them?" it's women.

but as far as romantically, to other men they can be just as much louses as the next guy.

9:14 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

I am really curious to know, mostly cause I like you so much, how did you come across my blog?

9:23 PM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

it's been so long. I think i was just next blogging and i like poetry and i read something that made my heart hurt and i gave you a cyber hug and then after an exchange or two added you to my list. because you seemed like one of those women and i liked the title of your blog.

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know a man named Troy June who is not as bad as the rest of them(only a little weird and sometimes clueless). I am going on 6 1/2 years of marriage with my fingers crossed and my body slightly tensed, maybe the crash will never come(I hope).

5:30 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

Yes Troy June is an exception. I adore my brother-in-law, but he DID take a lot of work on your part Jr. to make him as excellent as he is!

6:59 AM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

Jr. I am always in awe of any two people who can be in relationship with each other. The longest relationships I've had are with a cat and an iguana. Boyfriends? I'm not so adept at making that stick.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

oh and MJ i like you too! I think the first time i ran across your blog you had posted something that just really resonated why i blog, and even though it was a sad moment you were talking about i really admired you for writing about it and putting it out there. so that's why I left a note.

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home