Saturday, February 03, 2007

Dharma Puzzle

My son has taken a liking to Dharma and Greg. I find this very mysterious. He's an 11 year old boy. Why Dharma and Greg? Kate just screamed, "Mom, he's making us watch Dharma and Greg again!" Maybe he thinks Dharma is cute, or Greg is cute, or he likes the theme music which IS very cheery. Anybody think of another reason? My son has become very mysterious to me period. He catapults between acting like a man and a child. He is fascinated by and knowledgable about the constellations and global warming yet he can't spell or remember to wear his winter hat home. He loves football. That he did not get from anyone in his immediate family. Satan daddy plays Dungeons and Dragons, not football. If I'm ten minutes late home from work he assumes I'm dead. He is now a vegetarian. What happened to my little boy? He was such a sunny little thing. Oh hell, I know why he's not sunny anymore. That doesn't mean I don't miss it.

i carry your heart with me


i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)

ee cummings

7 Comments:

Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

i loved dharma and greg. I thought they were both cute.

have you asked him why he likes it?

10:46 AM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

maybe "tell me what you like about Dharma and Greg"
in a non threatening way. I'm not a dad but kids like relationships tend to be more than the sum of their contributors. they take on lives of their own and can be uniquely different from their parents. but you know that...

10:51 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

Hello Fourth Person. Yes, I did ask him and he said he liked the fact that Greg was a republican and Dharma was a liberal and that both sets of parents were so weird and different. He thinks the whole set up is funny. I think he also likes that Dharma and Greg are married and love each other even with their differences. I think maybe it gives him hope. Course that's just me guessing, he would NEVER say he likes the gushy stuff.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

your son is a wonder. such a head on his shoulders!

12:11 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

Thank you! He is a wonder and he is also exhausting when in smart ass and/or sulk mode. Had to give him a scathing lecture last night about equating killing pigs and cows for food to killing people. He was insisting there was no difference; if I could eat pigs than I shouldn't care about people being killed. Sometimes he is way too much for me.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

OY!

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Auntie looovvveeesss that boy! So does Loulou. I feel bad eating meat in front of him. Last night I asked him why he wouldn't eat chicken since they are dumb. He responded "Because they have feelings", and looked mortally wounded. I wonder how he is going to get through life!

5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home