Saturday, March 17, 2007

Spring Clown

March 17, and a winter wonderland outside my door. Birds are singing outside too. It is very strange. I am supposed to drive to Brooklyn today but the roads need to be de-iced some first. Maybe later this afternoon. Nobody is sick today, a truly momentous occasion. I have to do hideous chores like clean the bathroom. And take the sled and huskies to Stop and Shop. I hear Paula Cole singing, "Where is my happy ending? Where have all the cowboys gone?" I'd change cowboys to maids though. I am foggy brained and dull this morning. Perhaps I need more coffee...or tropical breezes. Landlord just came and collected late rent at back door. Oddly, it is always nice to see him which shouldn't be the case with landlords wanting late rent. He is a very sweet (and cute) guy. Yes Weezer, I can hear you yelling "slum lord" and "bad judgement." I just said he was cute.

A little Madness in the Spring

A little Madness in the Spring
Is wholesome even for the King,
But God be with the Clown --
Who ponders this tremendous scene --
This whole Experiment of Green --
As if it were his own!

Emily Dickinson

1 Comments:

Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

at least he's cute. I hate landlords that are always around when you don't need them.

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home