Saturday, November 11, 2006

Dogs and Depression

Our lovely red dog has kennel cough and is on antibiotics. No playing with other dogs till she is better which could take weeks. No groomer either so I will be bathing her myself (oh joy.) She went with me all over on errands today in the car. She is truly angelic. She won't eat her hard food though and the vet said I need to fatten her up and give her soft food (which is of course more expensive...not to mention the huge bag of dry food already purchased for her.) Oh well. I don't usually care for dogs, but this one stole my heart. She felt like family from day one.

In other, less happy, news Jack is an absolute horror lately. He is mean, miserable and defiant. Other times he is totally anxietal or else listless and telling me that all the things he usually loves hold no interest for him. I have left messages for several therapists today. Here we go again. Trying for a male therapist this time. Last night I dreamt I was on a boat headed for Bermuda. Oh how I wish.

On Board

Cast off cross
You sink clean down now
To the sandy bottom
Of the Atlantic divide.
Fishes and filaments
Are calling you home,
A purpose,
A purpose!
You rot and redeem.
I sail the surface
Of what I’ve imagined,
Turning the wheel north, then east,
Using stars and a silver compass.
I am posture perfect
In a bare-backed cocktail dress
With sequins.


MJ Tenerelli

2 Comments:

Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

.If i show you my dark side
Will you still hold me tonight.
And if I open my heart to you
And show you my weak side
What would you do?
Would you sell your story to Rolling Stone?
Would you take the children away
And leave me all alone,
And smile in reassurance
As you whisper down the phone?
Would you send me packing
Or would you take me home?

-roger waters

5:22 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

It always ends up to one thing, honey
And I can't think of right words to say
Wherever I am girl, I'm always walking with you
I'm always walking with you, but I look and you're not there
Whoever I'm with, I'm always, always talking to you
I'm always talking to you, and I'm sad that
You can't hear, sad that you can't hear
It always ends up to one thing, honey,
When I look and you're not there

Cat Stevens

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home