Saturday, October 14, 2006

Poet by Occupation



There is a Dictionary of Occupational Titles that we use at work to give numbers and explanations of exertion levels and education needed,blah blah blah to the jobs the people looking for disability benefits used to hold. Here is the sumary for poet:

CODE: 131.067-042
TITLE(s): POET (profess. & kin.)

Writes narrative, dramatic, or lyric poetry for magazines, books, and other publications: Chooses subject matter and suitable form to express personal feeling and individual experience, or to narrate story or event. May write doggerel or other type verse.
GOE: 01.01.02 STRENGTH: S GED: R6 M2 L6 SVP: 7 DLU: 77

So now I see I may be writing doggerel. I don't know what that is. I better look it up, I think. If I'm not writing it, I should start in order to match my job description. So I find:

doggerel: Light verse; humorous, comic and scatological by nature, base, vulgar, crude (dirty)

Aha! I am a poet according to DOT:

Genius
by M.J. Tenerelli

My husband is a drunken sot
Who fancies he's a genius.
He thinks he writes like Hemingway,
It helps to grow his penis.


This poem is obviously old, so I am a writer of doggerel from way back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home