Sunday, October 29, 2006

Faith and a Plan



Have been listening to an old natal reading tape from an astrologer friend and have relearned a few things. To make my life what I want it to be, I need faith and a plan. If I believe money will rain down on us and come up with a plan to make it happen then it will. It comes down to the ability to make things happen, which I am told I have as per my chart. I'm settling on Kuan Yin as my faith focal point, a place to focus my spiritul belief. She's sitting right here in front of my computer (her statue, not her personally, although maybe she's on top of my monitor swinging her feet and I just can't see her.) Gonna dust off those Kabbalah books too and use my largely untapped brain to make things better moneywise(cue the Beatles, "It's getting better all the time..."). Here is some info on Kuan Yin:

"There is still much scholarly debate regarding the origin of devotion to the female Bodhisattva Kuan Yin (also know as Quan Shi Yin and Kwan Yin). Quan means to inquire or look deeply into, Shi means the world of people, or generations, Yin means cries. The Boddhisatva of Compassion was inquiring into the suffering (cries) that has come down the generations. Kuan Yin is considered to be the feminine form of Avalokitesvara(Sanskrit), the bodhisattva of compassion of Indian Buddhism whose worship was introduced into China in the third century."

AND

"There is an implicit trust in Kuan Yin's saving grace and healing powers. Many believe that even the simple recitation of her name will bring her instantly to the scene. One of the most famous texts associated with the bodhisattva, the ancient Lotus Sutra whose twenty-fifth chapter, dedicated to Kuan Yin, is known as the "Kuan Yin sutra," describes thirteen cases of impending disaster--from shipwreck to fire, imprisonment, robbers, demons, fatal poisons and karmic woes--in which the devotee will be rescued if his thoughts dwell on the power of Kuan Yin. The text is recited many times daily by those who wish to receive the benefits it promises."

I have done the dishes and saged the house this morning. Cleaning inside and out.


The Cabbage
by Ruth Stone


You have rented an apartment.
You come to this enclosure with physical relief,
your heavy body climbing the stairs in the dark,
the hall bulb burned out, the landlord
of Greek extraction and possibly a fatalist.
In the apartment leaning against one wall,
your daughter's painting of a large frilled cabbage
against a dark sky with pinpoints of stars.
The eager vegetable, opening itself
as if to eat the air, or speak in cabbage
language of the meanings within meanings;
while the points of stars hide their massive
violence in the dark upper half of the painting.
You can live with this.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

namaste, MJ.

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Kuan Yin statue that is on top of my file cabinet mysteriously shifts in different directions. The other things up there with her never move or shift! I think the statue shifts to send waves of compassion in the direction that most needs it.

6:13 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

My Kuan Yin statue got flea powder on her when I was on my killing mission, but I think she forgives me.

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home