Sunday, August 06, 2006

I Love a Complaint

It is only 76 degrees at 9:40 a.m., hurray. The heat wave has broken and I am oddly exhausted, edgy, and blue. Don't know what is up with me. Kids driving me completely insane and even though I had a probably successful job interview for a writing position Friday, and have dodged financial catastrophe again this month, I feel lousy. Imagining duct taping children's mouths closed. All I want to do is go to sleep in a cool, dark room somewhere. A somewhere that is not here.

Contusion

Color floods to the spot, dull purple.
The rest of the body is all washed out,
The color of pearl.

In a pit of rock
The sea sucks obsessively,
One hollow the whole sea's pivot.

The size of a fly,
The doom mark
Crawls down the wall.

The heart shuts,
The sea slides back,
The mirrors are sheeted.


Sylvia Plath

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Think there is a full moon this week. Feel exhausted and blue as well... fed the pit bulls again this morning, only one came to eat, think the other one is dead.... what a world if we don't weaken( to quote the one and only "Violet")

7:07 PM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

sleep is such sweet escape.oh to be by morpheus bound--me

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home