Saturday, July 15, 2006

Another Saturday in July

I have just burnt my breakfast, which I ate anyway, and plan to spend the rest of the day writing. I almost had chocolate chip cookies and milk for breakfast, so I consider burnt sausage and black eggs a healthy choice.
The happenings in Lebanon/Israel are scaring the hell out of me. Jr. and I both fear "the end of days," as confirmed by our phone conversation this a.m. In Jr.'s case, I think the killer pit bulls who live across the street from her will get her before a terrorist attack does. She has been feeding them by shoving dog food, a plastic forkful at a time, under the fence of the chop shop they patrol. Seems the dogs go weeks on end without food or care and so the neighbors (i.e. Weezer and her friend Rich) are giving the dogs food. The dogs are vicious and try to snap off jr.'s hand when she feeds them...a UPS man today found her a stick to shove the food under the fence with, so now she feels safer.
My kids are with their useless father this weekend and I'm listening to Live365.com. The station I have on is called "Siren Songs." Perfect Joni Mitchell type music to listen to while working. Later I have a poem to work on...most of it got jotted down in a whirl yesterday, and I need an ending now and to do a little editing. "Blood will out" to paraphrase Robert Frost.

A PRAYER FOR ANIMALS

Hear our humble prayer, O God, for our
friends the animals,
especially for animals who are suffering;
for any that are hunted or lost or
deserted or frightened or hungry;
for all that must be put to death.

We entreat for them all Thy mercy and pity,
and for those who deal with them we ask a
heart of compassion and gentle hands and
kindly words. Make us, ourselves, to be true
friends to animals and so to share the blessings
of the merciful.


Albert Schweitzer

6 Comments:

Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

I love joni mitchell. Court and spark. For the roses. Ladies of the canyon. I love my cat too. Bless his furry little haid.

8:25 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

Joni is a goddess. I love Blue and The Hissing of Summer Lawns. I usually love my cats.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

gosh how could i forget BLUE! when i was a teenager and it just came out i went to this thing called a "record store" and bought the album. took it home and oddly enough, it was the same on both side! I don't remember which side was duplicated. so i took it back to buy a new one. i made the clerk of the "record store" open the copy for me to make sure it was normal and it too was the same on both side. turns out the whole shipment was defective that way! eventually i did get a copy of normal blue.

3:32 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

I had to explain to a preschool class what a record and record player were while reading an old storybook to them. Very strange to see their uncomprehending little faces as I explained about the black circle with music on it and the needle that made music come out of speakers when it was put down on the spinning circle. I felt prehistoric.

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

1:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

2:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home