Sunday, July 23, 2006

Happy in the House

Lazy Sunday. Kate's best friend Christine slept over and after a late breakfast of biscuits and bacon all three kids are busy on the game cube. Last night was a bachanalia of candy and cupcakes and Nanny McPhee on pay-per-view. The house is relatively clean and the kids are happy so a kind of peace reigns. My bathroom was flooded after a round of wash all of Kate's dolls in the sink, and I am curiously unconcerned. God bless Lexapro. Applied yesterday for what seems like an extremely cool writing/research job in nearby Port Jefferson. Place does "computer forensics" to track down hackers and security breaches. Everybody keep their fingers crossed, and Jr. please conduct some wiccan spells and ceremonies! What a happy day when I find a job that pays all the bills (and doesn't require a costume).

Te Deum
by Charles Reznikoff


Not because of victories
I sing,
having none,
but for the common sunshine,
the breeze,
the largess of the spring.

Not for victory
but for the day's work done
as well as I was able;
not for a seat upon the dais
but at the common table.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

Lex Rocks. Blessed Be!

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home