Saturday, December 29, 2007

Visions of Sugar Plums



Christmas went off extremely well...babes very happy with gifts...mom scores! My living room is still looks like Christmas morning though. No place to store all the goodies. I'm thinking lots of shelving in the bedroom is the solution...Jr.? Come help me put it up! I'm going to a poetry party in Harlem tonight. Can't think what I'm going to wear as I'm the size of a small planet and everything I have makes me look fat. New Year's resolution: join Weight Watchers and stop eating chocolate at 3:00 a.m. Oh yes, and find a new job that doesn't pay slave wages. Went out with colleagues after work to say goodbye to Eugene who we all love and who is destined for greener pastures. Eugene was the first person I saw when I came in every morning and always had a cheery greeting. I am going to miss that boy; and not just because he was a fount of legal knowledge and everybody's go to guy. People are leaving Binder in droves. I'm the last person left from my training session last year. MUST GET OUT!! Even the lawyers are trying to escape. As Eugene loved Johnny Cash, this post is for him:

Folsom Prison Blues

I hear the train a comin'
It's rolling round the bend
And I ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when,
I'm stuck in Folsom prison, and time keeps draggin' on
But that train keeps a rollin' on down to San Antone..
When I was just a baby my mama told me. Son,
Always be a good boy, don't ever play with guns.
But I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die
When I hear that whistle blowing, I hang my head and cry..

I bet there's rich folks eating in a fancy dining car
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars.
Well I know I had it coming, I know I can't be free
But those people keep a movin'
And that's what tortures me...

Well if they freed me from this prison,
If that railroad train was mine
I bet I'd move it on a little farther down the line
Far from Folsom prison, that's where I want to stay
And I'd let that lonesome whistle blow my blues away.....

2 Comments:

Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

glad christmas went well! ignore the name change. it happens periodically,its me the fourth person. my humble blog has gone incognito for very boring reasons. I'd love to keep you and jr as a reader whenever you wanna drop in, send me any old email addy and i will send you an invite,

cheers and happy new year.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

oh my addy is defgerbil@yahoo.com

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home