Monday, June 05, 2006

Drugs are My Friend

Off from work today and home with under the weather Jack. Got lots done, including call to Albany about renewing my teaching certificate. Bad news, I have to apply all over again as it has been too long since certificate expired. Many complicated steps, and a new test I have to take, but I suppose it is all doable. THEN I can go on to take courses to get the reading certificate which I was told is now called a Literacy Certificate. Also sent out some resumes for publishing jobs and worked on research for freelance story on beauty supplements. Oh and played Risk with Jack, called my smarmy ex-mother-in-law about her request to take children to North Carolina for two weeks this Summer, and left message for my lawyer. Seems Family Court judge has ruled in my favor but of course Ex has no intention of complying. Hopefully lawyer will at least advise me what to do from here. Anti-depressants obviously kicking in as there is no way I'd have done half of what I did today without them. God bless pharmacology.

Mouse ran through livingroom this morning causing Kate and I to scream, clutch each other and hop up on her bed. Mouse disappeared behind stove while lazy fat cats continued to loll around on the couch. Grabbed Audrey and ran her into the kitchen yelling "Get the mousy," but she just gave me a dirty look and stalked back to couch. Went to Home Depot and got poison packs to put out where ever there is evidence of repulsive rodents. Children called me a murderer. Damn straight.

Otherwise

by Jane Kenyon

I got out of bed
on two strong legs.
It might have been
otherwise. I ate
cereal, sweet
milk, ripe, flawless
peach. It might
have been otherwise.
I took the dog uphill
to the birch wood.
All morning I did
the work I love.

At noon I lay down
with my mate. It might
have been otherwise.
We ate dinner together
at a table with silver
candlesticks. It might
have been otherwise.
I slept in a bed
in a room with paintings
on the walls, and
planned another day
just like this day.
But one day, I know,
it will be otherwise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home