Saturday, April 22, 2006

Brooklyn Saturday Night

Going out tonight with my sister and her friend Annie to a bar in Fort Greene. My sister Weezer jr. is an artist and so is Annie. Should be good to get dressed up, drink some gin and tonics and rejoin the living in a nighttime setting. New hair cut, new dress, new attitude! Funny how that works for women, if your hair looks great and you've got on a killer dress you feel transformed. Extremely glad to see the ass end of last week, and may I never wrap myself up in groundless heartsick gloom again.
Hope it stops raining as I have to take the Jackie Robinson Parkway, which is narrow and scary, with close cement walls I'm always afraid I'm going to skid into (lousy tires). Weezer Jr. lives in Bed Stuy, a weird neighborhood that is a mix of projects, Hassidim, hispanics, yuppies and artists. Her husband, Troy June, is an artist too, but he is visiting his family in Illinois (and my kids are with their father) so its girls' night out. Sometimes it is very good to be alive. Virus seems to be lingering a bit, and Weezer Jr. the fatalist has been ordering me to take a pregnancy test. If I am pregnant (which I'm not), then god has got a very peculiar sense of humor. And he's definately a man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home